Hardest part of this was teaching students to sew and thread needle. The conductive thread breaks all needle threaders we have tried. Adafruit website says can moisten thread, but do not place in mouth.
Hint – we now cut the thread after stitching one leg of LED light. Then, knot and sew next leg of LED light down. We had problems sometimes trying to use one thread for whole circuit.
our flipbook resource http://www.flipsnack.com/AHSLynette/bookmark-book-light-1.html
See alternative supplies below images
Supply ideas (at time of post):
- Coin Cell Battery Holder – 12mm (PTH) Sparkfun $1.55 at time of post 5mm LED Pack (50 pcs)
- Riot http://riotstores.com.au/ foam sticky flowers for bookmark
- Self-adhesive Felt Flower for crafts, felt bookmark blanks http://stores.ebay.com.au/yellowmoonltd2/Home.html
- LED lights – cheap but slow http://core-electronics.com.au/
- Batteries, battery holders, LED lights – first purchased from https://www.sparkfun.com/
- Says it will have more sewing stuff soon at http://www.edtechs.com.au/category_s/1614.htm got makey makeys from them
- Sewing kits, needle threaders, felt from Spotlight
Price comparisons – compare to:
- Coin Cell Battery Holder – 12mm (PTH) SKU: PRT-07948 Sparkfun $1.55 at time of post – varies with exchange rate https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8822
- SLOW 5mm LED Packs (50 pcs) SKU: FIT0242 http://core-electronics.com.au/5mm-led-pack-50-pcs.html $4.23 at time of post.