Good progress this week integrating Makerspace capacity and thinking into the curriculum:
- Year 9 History made helmets out of paper and then wore them while reenacting the Battle of Hastings using the green screen
- Science Club used makerspace resources to do the egg bungee jump challenge
- Year 9 Home Economics students planted up the new vegetable and herb garden, and a worm farm was set up
- Year 6s did rotations of tinkercad, green screen photo editing with Adobe Elements, hour of code and sticky circuit Fathers’ Day cards
- Cre8Lab continued using tinkercad, electronics and fibre-optics to make head pieces and other fashion items
And before school and lunch, students engaged with drones and spheros in the student made sphero arena made out of copier boxes. Paddle pop constructions were popular and students discovered they could make plastic circles out of PVA glue. Library staff learnt how to make a hologram with a smartphone. Library staff worked with Year 5s to code using Lego Mindstorms robots.