Lynette and I taught 40 Home Economics teachers how to use El Wire to make designs for food, wearables etc. Fun session – teachers very creative.
360 Video with Samsung Gear 360
Connect the Samsung Gear 360 to the iPhone iOS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88kL-35-zE and http://www.wiselyguide.com/samsung-gear-360-2017-introduces-support-for-the-4k-videos-vr/
Samsung’s new Gear 360 camera shoots in 4K and works with iPhones https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/15093686/new-samsung-gear-360-camera-announced-price-release-date-2017
New Samsung Gear Review http://www.iretron.com/blog/posts/review-samsung-gear-360-2017-camera/
Tim Gentle’s https://www.farmvr.com.au/
Google Expeditions kits https://www.tfesolutions.com.au/google-expeditions-kits
Google Expeditions in class
6 Apps for Virtual Reality Field Trips Including Google Expeditions http://www.avatargeneration.com/2017/03/virtual-reality-field-trips-google-expeditions/
Instructions with pics https://www.readinbrief.com/take-360-photos-on-iphone-and-android-mobile/
1. Open the Google Street View app .
2. Tap Create +.
3. In the bottom right, tap Camera .
4. Take a series of photos, with the circle matching the yellow dot each time. Elbows in. Look up and down to find dot.
5. At the bottom, tap Done when the tick at the bottom goes green. Make sure to look up and down to get enough images.
6. Your 360 photo is stitched together and saved in the “Private” tab on your phone. The photo is also saved on your phone (unless you turned this setting off).
• Save to Album to your phone or RoundMe app or kuula.co or google.com/maps
• Can make public or private
• Can blur faces within app but only in the Private tab
• More instructions https://filmora.wondershare.com/facebook/how-to-post-360-photo-to-facebook.html
• Bit older instructions https://www.slideshare.net/proyectoste/how-to-create-360-images-with-google-street-view-app
Reflector app is good for teaching: shows what is on phone or PC – not free
We are showcasing our Cre8 Lab https://allhallowsschoollibrary.com/category/cre8-lab/ at the inaugural Brisbane MakerFest at The Edge on June 3 http://edgeqld.org.au/tag/brisbane-maker-festival/ Our digital screenage is at https://youtu.be/QQy4zMftA48